Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Delay of music.

Have you ever heard a song and loved it, so you go around and mention it to people and they're like "umm, no. Never heard it." So you deal with it. Then a few weeks-months later, everyone knows that song and they all 'love' it. And then you're like "I TOLD YOU ABOUT IT FOREVER AGO. IT'S AN OLD SONG!" Yeah, well, that annoys me. Case closed. xp

I just happened to think about it because lately the radio is obsessed with Picture To Burn by Taylor Swift, which even I knew of last year. Andddd everyone's been obsessed with Check Yes Juliet by We The Kings, which I also knew of forever ago. I heard them both on the radio within a span of 10 minutes. What's up with this? Is it because songs are being re-released or everyone's just really slow?

Even if it is because they're being re-released, I guess most people just are music failures and don't know many songs except what they play on the radio- which is probably 80% crap, if you're listening to Kiss anyways. z101 is slightly cooler because they play Hedley. And 99.9 is good to hear a mix of recent and older songs, plus there's good bands that only Canadian stations tend to play like Faber Drive and State of Shock.

Well, that's enough of me ranting about music. Go Sabres! I think I'll be doing game notes tonight, maybe I'll even post them as the game goes so you can read them while it's happening if you have nothing better to do. Gasp.

Oh and one last thing, I may be putting up a list of Sabre nicknames (or maybe hockey player nicknames in general) due to a suggestion to do so, and just because it'd be easier for me, not having to explain nicknames. S'all for now.

No comments: