Thursday, October 9, 2008

Awww.

So I'm reading the Sabres Section of today's Buffalo News and I was expecting a bunch of "hey, the Sabres are going to suck. I LOVE THE EVIL MIDGET. DIEEE SABRES, DIEEEE," kind of stuff. But instead I found some heartwarming stories. And by heartwarming stories, I mean stories that only Sabres fans would be interested in and normal people would go "wait, you find that heartwarming? Weirdo."

So, I look on the cover and it makes me happy. And not like that stupid song. "The few. The proud. The core." Being reminded that we have a core group locked up is a nice thing.

Then comes the article with the big "I'm mysterious" Miller picture that talks about how he gave up the chance to play for teams like Detroit to stay here in little old Buffalo with all his BFFz. Awww. He likes us, he really likes us!

Next there's perhaps my favorite article. Core Strength. The cute little team huddle is a nice shot, but Lydman's kinda in there guys; he's not in the core.... Anyways, the article talks about how they all matured together. And how Pommerdoodles needed Petey's help to pay bills and buy a cell phone because he was a lost little 19-year-old Canadian boy, Canadian boy. Then it goes on to mention how Miller and Goose are bffz and they lived together and they went traveling through Europe together. And then Super New Guy gets like one line about how he thinks he's gonna like it here. Yeah, that's what they all say.

The last article I'm talking about is the Vanek one. All I have to say is that I find it cute that he refers to mini-Vanek as "the little guy." And he took the little guy to Austria with him. By the way, Austria is not equal to Australia. One is in Europe and the other has kangaroos.

No comments: