Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It just was.

Tonight was a rather good night.

First and foremost, the Sabres won. Winning is always a pleasant thing- as long as it's the Sabres that won.

Second, Vanek scored TWO goals. That means he's scored 5 in 3 games, an average of 1.a-lot-of-sixes. Maybe it's a good thing to be one of my supported Sabres; they seem to be doing well (except for Maxy who's getting closer to doing well).

Third, we made the Rangers lose. Now they're 5-1.

Fourth, we ruined the Rangers perfect penalty kill whilst maintaining ours. Skillz.

Fifth, our power play and penalty kill is not completely frightening as it was in the pre-season.

Sixth, my "sucking in the pre-season means we'll do well in the regular season" is slowly becoming less ludicrous, but by saying this I'm obviously jinxing it.

Seventh, I'll be at Friday's game, and while the Sabres did win the game I went to last year, I can't guarantee anything.

Eighth, apparently I'm a Sabre now. I dunno, ask my dad about that one.

Ninth, I've come to the conclusion that my dad's presence is unlucky and shall banish him from watching games; therefore the Sabres will have no reason to lose and shall win all 82 games, setting a new record and generally becoming heroes.

Tenth, Lindy Ruff got his 400th win as coach and Vanek got his 200th point in the NHL or something of that sort.

Eleventh, I finished reading Equal Rites. It's quite good and I recommend it- though you may want to read The Color of Magic and The Light Fantastic first, since it's sort-of a series. If you read Equal Rites, you'd understand it, but it makes more sense having read the first two books. After all, Terry Pratchett isn't like Stephenie Meyers who restates everything in her books.

Nvnc id vides, nvnc ne vides.

No comments: