Monday, September 22, 2008

Pre-Season Game Numero Uno. YAY.

Sabres vs. the Make-Beliefs. -9/22

1. HOORAY, THE SEASON IS FINALLY STARTING- SORT-OF!
2. Wow. Penalty to the guy with the impossible long name. What was that, five seconds in? Ha.
3. Staffy rocks with his immediate start.
4. ZAGGIE SCORES! And Sir. Cake Maker* got the assist, I think.
5. 'Nother penalty to the Leafies. In your faces.
6. Ouch, penalty to us. Blah, whatever.
7. I love how there's not really anything for Neale to say 'cause the season hasn't really started. It's completely "last year, blah, blah, blah...." Ha.
8. Miller robbed a guy, apparently. Apparently it's okay to steal, as long as you're a goalie.
9. I don't like this having to listen to the radio. I miss seeing the game.
10. Haha, no goal dude. Millsy pwns you.
11. "Miller's a little slow to get up. I don't know if he got hit in the midsection..." Um, no comment....
12. Shang? Isn't that like the dude from Mulan? Guess he plays hockey when he's not fighting Huns.
13. Perry's. Mmmmm.
14. "As we get older, it's normal to forget things." Why did I find this hilarious? Just because the girl sounds happy about memory loss?
15. Dude, they didn't take the commercial brake? And they scored? I bet it was during the memory loss commercial. Stupid Canadians.
16. SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE, I SHAKE IT. Somehow the background music doesn't fit with two somewhat old guys talking about hitting a moose.
17. Finger? Since when is that a name?
18. 'Dinky' penalty to Koda. And a cheesy joke from Neale. "I think he hit Finger in the finger."
19. Okay, so why would I want to buy the DVD of the Winter Classic? We lost. xp
20. Ooh, a fight? A lame little thing, but still.
21. Oops. Missed a bit of the game. Nothing major happening, right?
22. Someone swam to make the save? What, did the ice melt?
23. Go Sir. Cake Maker, being in the right places even if you don't get a goal.
24. I really wanna see how our defense is doing. So far, we haven't been in our own end much. That's good.
25. Every time I hear something about Sekera, I start singing 'Sekera-Sekera'.
26. Goal, ouch. Our D looks pretty weak. Then again, they're all (except Tally and Spacey) like under the age of 15, right?
27. Oooooh. A fight! GO KALETA!
28. Peters is thrown out? Ha.
29. Neale is pretty funny sometimes. "Well, we know he wasn't going over to ask Lindy how his summer was."
30. I think the refs are really stressed or something; they're overreacting a bit. Upset about their summer vaca being over?
31. End of period one, Leafies leading. Yuck.
32. "A tree falls in a forest, what kind of tree is it?" Wow, that commercial made me laugh like crazy for some reason.
33. Replay of the fight? What's the point if we can't see it? xp 34. Wow, Mairsy's voice is a lot deeper than I'd thought it was.
35. Julie is annoying. And I intentionally made sure I used this number. xp 36. It makes me laugh when RJ says "youngster."
37. Ouch. Goal. We suck.
38. Do you think this is karma for me saying the dude singing the anthems was bad? xp
39. Penalty to Leafies? Huzzah. 40. Ouch. Didn't make the goal. 41. I'm having trouble focusing on the game. Yawn.
42. 'Nother Power Play to us. Good... I hope.
43. Enroth is getting in goal. Yay.
44. Okay, why does RJ keep saying "Mancari" wrong? Or does everyone else say it wrong?
45. I've come to the conclusion that the game is over. We're down by three. But I don't blame Frosty*, I bet he wasn't expecting the shot.
46. How come Rob Ray advertises so much stuff?
47. Aww, good try Sekera-Sekera.
48. I think I'm having Pommerdoodle withdrawal. I miss him. But having Zaggie, Sir. Cake Maker, and other cool 'rookies' is sweet to the max.
49. I'm the biggest Zaggie fan in the world. -totally just remembered that from last year-
50. Wow, I just missed a lot. I was listening, but not paying attention.
51. Second period over. 4-1, Leafs. Definitely karma for being mean to the singer dude.
52. Yay. Sabres goal. Google*** scored, set up by Sir. Cake Maker and Zaggie. (:
53. "At least he tried to bleed." Ha, I always found the bleeding rule of high sticking is a bit stupid.
54. Sekera-Sekera got thrown in the box. Ew. That's mean since apparently the dude stepped on his stick.
55. Uck, another goal. Poor Frosty, he's melting.
56. Some stuff happened. Yeah, I wasn't paying attention....
57. Apparently Sabretooth is already in that Montreal-ish place that the Sabres are playing in tomorrow. Just thought you'd be dying to know his whereabouts.
58. Zaggie lost his stick and was yelling at someone or something? I think my radio's too quiet; I'm having trouble hearing over the clacking keyboard noise.
59. Yay, Mancari scored. =) I swear, I think I saw him at my church one time....
60. Zaggie got an assist off that goal, he's on fire dudeeee. Oh and Spacey got an assist too.
61. Now the Leafs got a penalty, I think?
62. Stupid Leafs goal. Poor Frosty.
63. Hecht scores. Yay. Go Germans.
64. So now the score is 6-4, in favor of the Leafies. Hmmm. What's the chance of the Sabres miraculously pulling through?
65. Not much.
66. Wide open net goal. Doesn't really affect me, I knew the game was over for us.
67. Well, we lost. But I'm really happy about Zaggie playing so well. Sir. Cake Maker too.

* Sir. Cake Maker is Clarke MacArthur; the nickname derives from Sara calling him Sir. MacArthur and Tessa thinking my signed MacArthur puck said Cake Maker.
** Frosty is our new back-up, back-up goalie, Jhonas Enroth. Enroth=Froth=Frothy=Frosty. That's how my mind works, anyways. Ha.
*** Googley is Philip Gogulla. I heart his name. And he's a German, so him and Hecht must be BFFZ.

No comments: