Monday, November 3, 2008

it was just one of those games.

It was just one of those games where afterwards, you can't stop smiling. You skip down the hallway, grinning like a madman. You want to shout and yell things in happiness. It was just one of those games.

I didn't even watch the first two periods, fearing being traumatized by Versus. But I decided to watch the third, figuring I could live. And well, the trauma-inducing Versus was well worth seeing the ending of that game.

It was great. I arrived just in time to see the Sekera/Kaleta goal. Lovely. And, for once in my life, I meant 'lovely' in a non-sarcastic way!

And so I spent the remainder of the game making semi-snarky comments in my head. Might I share? Yes, I shall.

1. Goalies- and players in general- who wear number one come off as egotistical and really should pick a different number. Especially if they're a back-up.
2. It also doesn't seem very fair that goalies don't haveta take their penalties. Mairsy can't just go "um, yeah. Not in the mood. Send Kaleta for me, will you? Thanks, you're a doll," so why should Millsy? We do have a back-up goalie for such an occasion, dudes.
3. I think I would be a better commentator than Versus. Now that would be interesting; me commentating.
4. At that point, I was commentating in my head.
5. I got bored.
6. Very, very bored.
7. My mind wandered to the word I wasn't allowed to say, or even think, about.
8. It was hard not to think about it.
9. I started "la, la, la" -ing to avoid thinking about it.
10. It didn't work.
11. Stupid Versus dude said THE WORD.
12. I scoffed and decided he would be blamed if/when the Devils scored. JINXER!
13. I had the "fat giggles" when Versus dude started talking about Miller's possible back-to-back donuts. Donuts? Really?
14. The Sabres heroically won and Miller valiantly claimed his second consecutive shutout (which hasn't happened in years, apparently), after saving a damsel in distress (don't ask me how Goose got stuck in that tree), defeating a dragon (okay, so it's was Spacek's cute little doggie)*, and ending world hunger (well, he made a cake in his easy bake oven), of course.
15. The Sabres did their cute "hugs and snuggles for our favorite goalie" thing. But it was cruelly cut off from my view by the malevolent Versus.
16. I commenced skipping and grinning insanely then began to write this post.

Well, I guess that's it.

*No animals were harmed in the 'defeating a dragon' scene. Really. Ry-Ry lovessss aminals. Especially when they drool all over him. Seriously.

No comments: