Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Might I say, my Halloween was quite amazing. Well, I'm sure you think it's because I got massive amounts of sugar to rot my teeth with. Well, yeah, but there's more! Halloween went like this:

Julie and my cousins went trick-or-treating with me. Cousins and I were all Sabres and Julie didn't fit in. Which quite a few people commented on. Actually, a lot of people were like "hey, look! It's the Sabres," and things of that nature. It was really kind-of cool; everyone liked our costume. And then we got to Tallinder's house.

Now I figured that Tallinder would be lazy and send his wife to answer the door, but I was wrong. I think the conversation went like this:
Meg: "Oh my gosh, Tallinder's coming to the door!"
Me: "You're freakin' kidding me!!!"
Meg: "No, I'm not!"
-cue door opening-
-weak "Trick-or-Treat" as we stare in awe at Henrik Tallinder who proceeds to talk in a semi-funny accent-
HE SAID THAT HE LIKED OUR JERSEYS! Yup. x3
Tallinder: "Happy Halloween!"
Me: "You too!"
-door closes, we skip down the driveway merrily-
Me: "I SAID 'YOU TOO' TO HENRIK TALLINDER!!!"

And then there were a good number of houses and we arrived at the Lydmans' place. There were already people at the door (they appeared to be friends with the Lydmans) and they were bold enough to comment on our costumes.
Random Person: "Oh, here's the Sabres dropping by. There's Miller and Numminen. Nothing unusual for you guys!"
-we stand there smiling awkwardly before walking to the door and saying another weak "Trick-or-Treat"-
-Toni Lydman just kinda holds the bowl of candy out to us, saying something I didn't really catch because I was too preoccupied looking at his tattoos-
-we smile and leave-
Me: "OMGSH, LYDMAN HAS TATTOOS ON HIS ARMS!!!"

Then we proceeded to go to many other houses until we got to Vanek's, where we discovered he once again had his lights off. I promptly came up with a strongly-worded letter in my mind as I complained about it, and then we continued onto the Numminen place.

Unfortunately, Teppo was not there/did not answer the door. We did get a lot of candy. And then we took leaves off his lawn. TEPPO LEAVES! Yeah, we were acting a little crazy. Because we are.

Then, as we made our way back to my house, I stopped at the one street and went "hmmm, you know what? We should go to that house," -points to house two lots or so over from where T-bo used to live- "I bet no one goes there and they'll give us tons of candy!"
Cousins: "Yeahhhh."
So we walk, laughing and happy up to the house. And then we realize the door is wide open and are just a little confused before some of the cousins start saying "Trick-or-Treat." And then we get the biggest surprise ever. Spacey walks to the door! Along with his adorable little doggie.
Spacek: -says funny stuff in his silly accent-
Us: .....
Spacek: "Have some candy!" (or something like that...)
-we smile and take candy from the bowl, thanking him of course-
Spacey: "Have a good night!"
Me: "You too."
-we skip merrily down his driveway, picking up some Spacek leaves on the way out-
One of the cousins: "Did you understand like anything he said?"
The rest of us: -happily- "Nope!"
Me: "His dog was soooo cute! You'd expect him to have something big and tough, but no, he has a tiny little terrier-thing!"

And finally, as we were finishing up in one last (unfortunately) Sabre-free court, I somehow managed to trip myself with my own hockey stick.
Me: "..... Do I get a penalty?"
-a little later-
Me: "If I played hockey, I would get a penalty for tripping myself."

THE END.
NOW GO WATCH THE SABRES GAME!
I'm sure they're all gonna talk about how much they loved the four kids dressed up like Sabres with the Random Egyptian Girl. (:

No comments: