Tuesday, March 10, 2009

music and you

So here's today's million dollar question; does the music you listen to effect your mood and in turn your life?

Personally, I think it does. For the past day I've listened non-stop to Marianas Trench's album, Fix Me. This particular album isn't light and poppy like McFly. They're not quirky and fun like Son of Dork. Marianas Trench's songs have a major influence from heroin addiction, self-harm, and bulimia- all of which the lead singer has (apparently) gone through. So naturally, the majority of songs are deep and a bit depressing. Oddly enough, I've been in a more depressed, upset mood than usual. Coincident? Maybe. But then you could also point of my "McFly days," where I listen non-stop to McFly songs. I'm certainly more cheerful and happy on those days. Now this is starting to be too much coincidence. But I still think there needs to be a greater study on this. Anyone wanna be a lab rab? I'll pay. Ha, not really.

No comments: