Wednesday, February 11, 2009

epiccccc.

The Pirates game was absolutely, completely, utterly fantastic. Might I share with you some of my night? Yes, I shall.

So, as soon as the game starts (after I sing along to both national anthems and explain multiple times how choosing number 1 seems arrogant) I say, "I hope there's a fight in the game!" So I wish it, so it shall be. Times ten. Seriously, it started out little. And then a good fight between two guys. And then as soon as the first period ended, a big brawl! It was amazing! Even my cousin that doesn't like hockey was squealing with joy.

Then we got ice cream. Cookie dough for me. x)

There was this kid with a bright blue furry hat with bright gold horns. And I wanted it soooo bad. I was going to trade him ice cream for it, but I ate it all. ):

So, I sat in a lame section. Basically, no one stood for goals. Except me. No one yelled/cheered/screamed except me. Well, not until the last goal. And no one but me and the adorable enthusiastic kid kept up the "Let's Go Pirates!" chants.

People who dress up as Pirates are amazing, by the way.

"Silly Peters, goals are for Pirates!"

Where's Conehead?; the new and improved Where's Waldo?

Frosty the goalieman is a very good goalie,
He stopped the shot,
And is really hot,
And that's all I have to sing.
THE END. (sung to Frosty the snowman, obvs.)

Nathan Gerbe is 5'6.
Marc-Andre Gragnani is 6'2 and from Quebec.

Tim Kennedy was the face of the game.

Salty the Pirate dude.

Sabretooth's stripes aren't his natural color! Scandal!
We plan on "Sabertooth-napping" him and dyeing him gold.

You can macarena to anything.

Pregnant women attend hockey games.

"They couldn't move the Bills to Toronto. I mean, what would they call them? The Toronto Bills is totally not alliteration! ....Hmm, there's the Toronto Torpedoes." -me
"The Toronto Tornadoes." -Megs
"The Toronto Trains!" -me
"Trains?!?!?" -Katie
"Well, would you want to get hit with a train?" -me

"We believe in you!" -Megs
"Yeah, we believeeee!" -me
-insert amazing 24 seconds left goal here-
"YESSSS!" -insert lots of cheering/clapping/yelling/etc. here-

No comments: